Which leads me to getting a box of Borax from Purex Insiders to review. I was excited to learn more about it and start using it around the house and see how well it worked. Although we no longer have fleas, there was so many other ways I could easily use Borax.
20 Mule Team Borax is 100% natural mineral from the earth. Once removed from the ground it is washed, dried and boxed for consumers. Borax is the common name for sodium tetradboarate: a naturally occurring substance produced by the perpetual evaporation of seasonal lakes. Absolutely nothing is added to the Borax when packaged up for sale.
We have hard water. Whenever I test certain things, they give me this testing stick to test my water to see what kind of water we have and I am always shocked when it shows we indeed have very hard water. 85% of homes have it though, so its not rare. Hard water is defined as water that contains calcium and magnesium (ions).
20 Mule Team Borax helps soften your hard water which maximizes cleaning power. It's a great laundry booster with your regular detergent.
I've used a 1/2 cup in with my regular laundry and I have used 1/4 cup in with my regular dishwashing cycle. I can tell you the place I noticed the difference in the most was with my dishwasher. Dishes came out so much cleaner with less spots. Loved it in there, I highly recommend you try it in there too.
Other things you can use 20 Mule Team Borax for:
- Clean toilet bowls - sprinkle 1/4 cup into the bowl, then swish with your toilet brush. Let it stand for 30 minutes or overnight. I am probably going to try this one once Jason fixes the down stairs toilet.
- Use to clean your tile/grout.
- Use to clean your stainless steel.
- Clean your outdoor furniture to get it ready for spring & summer. Use on plastic or metal.
- Freshen your garbage disposal & drains with 2 to 3 tablespoons in the drain. Let it stand for 15 minutes, then flush with water for a seconds. If you are using it in a disposal, while running the water make sure your disposal is running.
Don't forgot about a special contest, where you could win 1,500 or free coupons too - http://insiders.purex.com/
Now a goodie just for you, my wonderful supportive readers. I have 3 coupons to giveaway, one coupon for each winner, for a free box of 20 Mule Team Borax for you to try yourself. USA only please and you'll have 48 hours to get back to me after the contest ends or I'll be forced to pick a new winner.
Enter via the Rafflecopter below.
Borax provided a free sample of their produce for this post. My participation is voluntary and my opinions (and photos), as always, are my own.